Friday, January 8, 2010

Wal-Mart strikes again!

Normally I don't put everyday things on this blog, I've tried to keep it more creative but this story just gets my goat! I live in NW Arkansas Home and Headquarters of Wal-Mart Inc and sadly I have no great respect for the retail giant, yes they do great things in the communities they are in, but they also do a lot of bad things. To be fair my local Wal-Marts donate a lot of things to community thrift stores and other charities but this story makes me very sad anyway.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/h-m-and-wal-mart-destroy-and-trash-unsold-goods-562909/



How very sad that a brand new garment was destroyed when so many children in that city could have used it. And to cut up coats and shoes that could have kept so many warm in these cold winter days is just THE most irrisponsible thing I can think of, not to mention heartless. Hail to the almighty buck! So sad, Shame on you Wal-Mart! 

1 comment:

littlethings1 said...

That is a very sad story ! Makes me upset! Thanks for posting it !

Bo Bunny Mango Luau Blinkie Pictures, Images and Photos

My Blog List

Vintage Plum Goodness